Wednesday, June 27, 2012

In My Diary (6)

First Novel
   When I was growing up I used to love reading R.L. Stine books. I really
enjoyed reading anything in a long series; something I could read for awhile.
R.L. Stine met my criteria exactly.
   In the beginning I read Goosebumps which weren't very scary, but then
I got into the Fear Street Series. I thought the Fear Street books were
terrifying. They definitely didn't help my overactive imagination.
     After reading quiet a few of R.L. Stine's books I decided I wanted to be
a writer too. I thought of a R.L. Stine type story, and began typing it on my
families computer. I was super secretive about the whole thing. I didn't want
anyone knowing I was writing a book. At the time I found it quiet embarrassing.
What if no one liked my story?
     I wrote almost six chapters of the book and didn't even get into any of the
scary parts, until I finally called it quits. At ten years old I decided I could wait
a few more years before I tried to write my first novel. As for my scary story, it
still sits saved on a floppy disk somewhere in my childhood home. Who knows,
maybe one day it will be inspiration for a novel.

Sincerely,
R.J. Ropsen

No comments:

Post a Comment