Saturday, June 16, 2012

In My Diary (5)

Night Terrors  
   When I was younger I had night terrors. There were a few dreams I
had that were reoccurring. They seem silly now but I had a very
overactive imagination.
   Every night when I fell asleep I would have a terrifying nightmare.
Sometimes a witch would be after me, or the dryer monster who would
pull me down the basement stairs and into the dryer. Others nightmares
were all too real which made things even more terrifying.
   After a few months of this I was too afraid to go to sleep. Instead I
would read late into the night until I was so tired I would fall into another
nightmare. I needed a way to get rid of these terrible dreams.  
   Another few months went by until I finally came up with a solution to
the problem. Before I went to bed I would make up a nice story in my
head. I would use my imagination in a more positive way.
   I thought if I filled my head with characters, setting, and plot that I
would dream what I had created in my head. This seemed to work.
My dreams were a lot more pleasant.
   I guess you could say I started writing stories at a young age. But
instead of writing them down on paper they were in my head. I am
glad I found my love for writing again. This time I am writing down
my stories in hopes to create something others can read and enjoy.

Sincerely,
R.J. Ropsen

2 comments:

  1. This is a great story, I am glad you found your love for writing again too!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know what I would do without it.

      Delete